The most common health issue impacting people worldwide is neck and back pain. Almost 2/3rds of the American population experience neck or back point at some time in their lives. And, each year, around 22 million seek pain relief by going to chiropractors.
Chiropractic treatment may be the best choice for you if you suffer from neck or back pain and are looking for natural, non-invasive, drug-free, and safe pain relief Phoenix to alleviate your discomfort.
In this article, we’ll discuss some of the typical reasons for neck and back pain, as well as ways that back and neck pain treatment Phoenix can help you manage pain and find relief, thus, improving your general well-being and quality of life.
Back Pain Causes
Back pain is a very prevalent problem and studies show that about 80% of people experience back pain at some stage in their lives.
Several factors can cause back pain and some of the common reasons include:
- Disc problems such as disc bulges or slipped or herniated discs.
- Misalignment of the vertebrae due to trauma, physical stress, or bad lifestyle
- Strains and sprains are caused because of twisting beyond your range of motion or lifting a heavy object.
- Trauma or injury because of a fall, accident, etc.
- Spinal disease or injury
- Ligament tears
Causes of Neck Pain
Neck pain can be caused due to various reasons including:
- Whiplash that which may occur because of a vehicle accident or injury such as falling, slipping, or tripping.
- Herniated or slipped disc in the cervical spine.
- Degenerative diseases such as degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis, and spinal stenosis.
- Stress and tension
- Poor posture
Chiropractic Care for Neck and Back Pain
Typically, when you visit the chiropractor, they will check your neck and back to determine the source of pain before treating it. The treatment for back or neck pain will essentially depend on what the back pain doctor Phoenix believes is causing the discomfort.
Chiropractors use a variety of techniques to treat back and neck pain including:
- Mobilization: This technique involves moving the spinal joints and back muscles to maximize the range of motion of the back joints and muscles, thus reducing pain.
- Spine or Cervical Manipulation: Also known as a chiropractic adjustment, chiropractors for lower back pain Phoenix use gentle movement and pressure to manipulate the spine and improve its alignment, which helps to reduce back pain. Cervical manipulation helps to reduce neck pain caused due to muscle spasms or pinched nerves. If you suffer from headaches, then the migraine doctor Phoenix also uses spine manipulation to provide relief.
- Spinal Traction or Decompression: This technique uses traction equipment to stretch the spine. This helps to lessen the pressure on the discs and nerves in the spine, thus alleviating neck and back pain.
- Physical Therapy: A chiropractor can assess your condition and recommend exercises that can help to strengthen the neck and back muscles. Physical therapy can improve the range of motion and also reduce inflammation and pain. It can also help to correct your posture and regain your muscle strength.
- Massage Therapy: Chiropractic massages are a great way to relax the neck and back muscles and release the tension in these areas. They can also help to boost the blood flow to the muscles, which can, in turn, help to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Other Remedies: Your chiropractor may also recommend other remedies and lifestyle changes to reduce neck and back pain such as using cold or hot packs, electric shock therapy, acupuncture, physical exercises, diet change or diet supplements.
Whether caused by an injury, accident, your daily routine or your posture, neck, and back pain can hamper your daily life and activities.
Chiropractic care is an excellent treatment method that addresses the root cause of neck and back pain and helps to treat it effectively and safely, giving your long-term relief. Chiropractic care is also an excellent method for shoulder pain treatment phoenix.
So, if you suffer from neck, back, or any other pain, then you could consider exploring chiropractic care in Phoenix to manage your pain and live a pain-free, active, and happy life.
Come see us at Camelback Medical Centers, for your Free Initial Consultation today! We are happy to take same day appointments and walks-ins at any of our convenient locations in Scottsdale, Phoenix or Naperville.
Schedule your first appointment at Camelback Medical Centers today!