Sciatica Leg Pain Treatment and Recovery with Your Phoenix and Scottsdale Chiropractor
Sciatica is a term that describes painful irritation of the sciatic nerve—a major nerve that controls the operation and feeling in your lower back, buttocks, legs and all the way down to your feet. It’s not actually a medical condition by itself, but a set of symptoms indicating that something is irritating this major nerve. The signs of sciatica include:
- Pain shooting down one leg (rarely both)
- Lower back pain
- Buttock pain when sitting or standing
- Hip pain
- Numbness and tingling down one leg, sometimes into the foot
As painful as sciatica is, your chiropractor and medical team here at Camelback Medical Centers in Phoenix and Scottsdale can provide lasting pain relief treatment that can get on the road to recovery quickly.
Sciatica Recovery and Pain Relief Depends on Accurate Diagnosis
If leg pain bothers you, schedule an appointment with your chiropractor for an exam. It’s important to find out the root cause of the pain so you can begin the right course of treatment for your recovery. Your Phoenix or Scottsdale chiropractor at Camelback Medical Centers can determine if one of the following things is causing your leg pain:
- Herniated, bulging or degenerative disc injury—If one of the cushioning discs in the lower spine suffers an injury, it can pinch the sciatic nerve.
- Subluxations—If lumbar spine vertebrae are misaligned, either from poor posture habits (waking or sleeping) or an injury, this might also cause sciatica.
- Spinal stenosis—Some medical conditions and aging may sometimes narrow the space in the spine where the spinal cord travels, pinching the sciatic nerve.
- Muscle Spasms—Sometimes spasms in lower back or buttocks muscles can also irritate the sciatic nerve.
While there are other leg pain causes as well, these common ones can usually be resolved with chiropractic care, massage therapy, therapeutic exercise and medical care that we provide here at Camelback Medical Centers. Once the root cause of your sciatica symptoms is found, our chiropractor and medical team can design a sciatica treatment and recovery program just for you. Our integrated chiropractic and medical approach speeds healing.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Phoenix or Scottsdale Sciatica Chiropractor
Don’t let sciatica pain bother you—relief and recovery are possible! So schedule an appointment with the chiropractor closest to you today and get the relief you need: