Elbow Pain Relief Treatment from Our Chiropractor
Many people hear the term “tennis elbow” and think it only applies to tennis players who get inflammation and stiffness in their elbows. But anybody with elbows can develop this and several other potential conditions that affect this complex, hinge-like joint. At Camelback Medical Centers in Phoenix and Scottsdale, our chiropractor – doctor team can work together to diagnose the underlying cause of your elbow pain and provide a multidisciplinary treatment plan to provide accelerated, lasting relief.
Chiropractic Care Provides Elbow Pain Relief
A combination of chiropractic care and physiotherapy from our chiropractor, along with orthopedic and medical care from our doctor can speed the process of resolving elbow pain. We first work to diagnose the reasons behind your discomfort, which might include one or more of the following:
1. An overuse or repetitive stress injury. These are caused by repeated, un-ergonomic movements of the elbow. Some examples of this type of injury include:
- Tennis elbow—Pain on the outside part of the joint, caused by a tear or rupture in the tendon.
- Golfers elbow—Pain near the inside of the joint, also caused by the tendon being ruptured or torn.
- Bursitis—These swollen fluid sacks under the joint can happen after repetitive rubbing on a hard surface like a desk (it’s often called “student’s elbow” for this reason).
- Arthritis—When arthritic joint pain and inflammation affect the elbows, they become stiff and sore.
- Tendonitis—Overuse and other irritations can cause the elbow tendon to swell and hurt.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome—While this is a classic wrist problem, the soreness sometimes shoots back up into the elbow also.
2. Subluxations (misalignments between the vertebrae) can also cause elbow pain. These mechanical spinal problems can be caused either by injury or long-term poor posture and ergonomics, and they can pinch nerves. If the nerves involved affect the function and sensation of the elbow, they can cause soreness and dysfunction there.
Fortunately, all of these types of elbow pain respond well to the chiropractic care, physiotherapy and medical protocols we provide here at Camelback Medical Centers. Our chiropractor and doctor will work together to design a treatment plan that heals the condition or injury so you can find relief and get back to normal activity as soon as possible.
Contact our office closest to you for an appointment today: Phoenix (623-872-0002) or Scottsdale (480-945-0008). We look forward to working with you!