Ask Your Phoenix and Scottsdale Chiropractor about Massage Therapy
Many people still think of massage therapy as a luxury—but a closer look at the benefits demonstrates how essential it is as an regular healthcare modality. Here at Camelback Medical Centers in Phoenix and Scottsdale, your chiropractor collaborates with massage therapists to help you get pain relief, recover from an injury, or just improve your health overall.
Benefits of Massage Therapy for Pain, Injury, Stress Relief and More
Our massage therapists are specialists in several different styles of massage so they can tailor their treatment to your chiropractor’s recommendations. One particular technique we use is myofascial release. Your therapist will have you move into specific positions during massage to release tight knots of tissue, boosting your range of motion and providing excellent pain relief and injury rehabilitation.
In addition to pain and injury relief, massage therapy also provides a host of other health-boosting benefits, including:
- Stress Relief—Long-term stress negatively impacts all areas of health and safety, but massages can help. Lower stress levels can help lower high blood pressure, relieve headaches and help your body better regulate insulin and cortisol levels that can impact a host of health issues.
- Reduces Inflammation—Whether it’s localized from an injury or chronic, long-term inflammation, this therapy lowers inflammation to relive pain and dysfunction.
- Boosts Immune System—Studies show that massage therapy can boost the body’s ability to fend off infection.
- Shortens Recovery Time after Sports—By reducing post-exertion inflammation and improving overall circulation, massage can help athletes get back to work faster after a competition or injury.
- General Pain Relief—Massage increases the body’s production of feel-good endorphins, your body’s natural pain killers.
- Improves Sleep—Another way massage can boost your overall health is by helping you get a better night’s sleep!
Massage Therapy is a Great Complement to Chiropractic Care
Our chiropractor frequently recommends massage therapy along with chiropractic care because of how each treatment complements the other. While chiropractic care corrects misalignments in the vertebrae, massage therapy helps retrain, recondition and improve the overall condition of the muscles, tendons and ligaments that help you maintain correct posture.
Massage therapy is an excellent way to overcome an injury or just improve your overall health, so ask us about it today! Schedule an appointment with your Camelback Medical Centers chiropractor or healthcare specialist and ask how massage therapy can help you personally: